About Southern Pines
COMMITTED TO TOTAL SATISFACTION.Southern Pines Trucking offers uncompromising specialized service, state-of-the-art technology and equipment, advanced driver training and professionalism unmatched by any other trucking company.
Founded in 2002, our mission is to remain a leader in providing safe, specialized and quality-driven services to customers with unique transportation needs and requirements while simultaneously developing long lasting relationships with those customers.
We are committed to supporting our customers by delivering cost-effective, ethical and reliable service. Our goal is to do this safely and efficiently in order to sustain a challenging and rewarding work environment for our greatest asset, our employees.
JUST SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES TO USING SOUTHERN PINES:
We have our own company drivers, ensuring there will be someone to haul what you need.
- WE KEEP OUR CUSTOMERS
Since Southern Pines’ inception, we have not lost a customer.
- EASE OF BUSINESS
We are very easy to work with and willing to accommodate any need you may have.
We are able to adapt and react quickly to any situation that may occur.
- JUST SMALL ENOUGH
Southern Pines is small enough that our customer relationships are strong and personal.
Whatever you need, whenever you need it, Southern Pines are available 24/7 at 1-800-377-1049
- WE MAKE IT RIGHT
If problems occur, we do what we can to make every job correct in every aspect.
THE HIGHEST IN SAFETY STANDARDS.
Southern Pines Trucking is an industry leader in the safe transport of industrial and medical grade liquid and high pressure gases, hazardous materials, automotive, steel, and building products. We constantly monitor the performance of our equipment to ensure driver and load safety. Our management and drivers understand and comply with all safety and security regulations that apply to trucking and hazardous materials, including those from the following sources:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Compressed Gas Association (CGA)
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Department of Transportation
- Divisions of Natural Resources in various states
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
Southern Pines Trucking complies with all the applicable federal and state regulations for the transport of hazardous materials. This includes:
- General Authorities: We hold common, contract, and broker authority issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Hazmat Certification: Our drivers have the latest certifications and endorsements for transporting hazardous materials, in addition to certification by the U.S. DOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- State-Specific Hazmat Authorities: We are authorized to conduct the interstate transport of hazardous materials. Where required, we also have state-specific intrastate authorities allowing the transport of hazardous materials, radioactive materials, and radioactive waste.
- Security Plan: We comply with all current DOT regulations and requirements for security plan implementation.
- We are an approved carrier for the Department of Energy (DOE)
- We are compliant with HM 232
ADVANCED DRIVER TRAINING
The safety of our drivers and the protection of the environment and the public are our highest priorities. To ensure that these are met, we require our drivers to have the latest hazmat certifications and attend the following advanced training courses:
- Over-The-Road Driving
- Life Style Skills Training
- Hazmat Certification Course
- Rural & Urban Driving Course
- Regional Safety Meetings
- Equipment-Specific Training Included
- Customer-Specific Training Included
- Every Driver is provided with a hazardous material handbook as a field reference
- Every driver is provided with a securement manual for all types of flatbed commodities
50 YEARS & STILL TRUCKIN’
We operate over 75 trucks and 200 specialized pieces of equipment to handle any type of hauling needs in the contiguous U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Your load’s timely delivery is of the utmost importance to us. Our drivers are certified and specially trained to transport materials in a safe and claim-free manner. We can also provide both indoor and outdoor storage for your loads or equipment, all while offering uncompromising specialized service committed to total satisfaction.
During a recent tractor manufacturer recall, Southern Pines Cryogenics was able to dispatch drivers, tractors, and cryogenic trailers to a key customer to minimize their supply chain disruption due to the recall. Southern Pines received the call on a Saturday around 5:30pm and had trucks on the move to the key customer by the next day at 11:30am. Our commitment to communication and customer service helped a key customer overcome a major obstacle in their supply chain and thus enhanced Southern Pines Cryogenics reputation as a valued supplier committed to doing what it takes to support their customer base.
Southern Pines Cryogenics recently completed a month long project in Dickinson, ND for an industrial gas manufacturer that was in need of cryogenic nitrogen hauling services for some Bakken shale wells that were recently put back online. Southern Pines was able to react quickly to the request to service in North Dakota. This opportunity shows that geography is not an issue when it comes to Southern Pines Cryogenics servicing our diverse customer base.
A brand new Southern Pines Cryogenics’ gas manufacturer and distributor customer recently signed a piece of business in Florida with a demand for nitrogen that the gas provider could not handle alone. The gas manufacturer came to Southern Pines Cryogenics looking for help in supporting their new customer’s demand for liquid nitrogen. Southern Pines Cryogenics quickly deployed 2 drivers with a power only solution where we were able to support the situation with Southern Pines drivers hauling the gas manufacturer and distributor’s trailers to support the gas manufacturer and distributor’s new customer. The move was seamless and the support was impeccable. Southern Pines ability to support this situation has led to many more opportunities with this new gas manufacturing and distribution customer.